Present Continuous



(the girl is dancing)

The Present Continuous Tense


1. We use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about activities happening now.
Examples: The kids are watching TV. I am sitting down, because I am tired.

2. We can also use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about activities happening around now, and not necessarily this very moment.

Examples: Sally is studying really hard for her exams this week. I am reading a really interesting book now.

3. The Present Continuous Tense is also used to talk about activities happening in the near future, especially for planned future events.
Examples: I am seeing my dentist on Wednesday. Are you doing anything tonight?

Use the Present Continuous with Normal Verbs to express the idea that something is happening now, at this very moment. It can also be used to show that something is not happening now.

Examples:

• You are learning English now.
• You are not swimming now.
• Are you sleeping?
• I am sitting.
• I am not standing.
• Is he sitting or standing?
• They are reading their books.
• They are not watching television.
• What are you doing?
• Why aren't you doing your homework?

Present Continuous Forms


Exercises: < ---- Click here to do the exercises

0 comentários: